Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production in 2022 and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, innovate and are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
To develop and implement the comprehensive Canoo connected car strategy. The Connected Car Manager is the owner of the connected car business that includes offerings such as Vehicle Telematics, Over the Air Updates, Satellite Radio, etc.
• Coordination between multiple departments to bring vehicle connectivity to market is the key responsibility.
• Research and identify industry trends of connected vehicle.
• Responsible for prototyping, spec writing, contract negotiation, roadmap definition and supplier management.
• SME (Subject Matter Expert) Telematics or Connected Technologies
• Communicate with Tier 1 suppliers on head unit improvement points
• Work with various teams including Aftersales, Engineering, Customer Experience, Digital, Product Planning, and other regional functions to align, track, lead, and maintain connected service projects.
• Maintains project schedules, ensures clear business/technical requirements and representation from all stakeholders for new service development, key improvements and change requests. Tracks adoption timing and budget for change of scope requests.
• 3-5+ years relevant connected car experience
• Knowledge of product planning processes in the Automotive Industry is required.
• Experience analyzing key marketing data to provide recommendations based on a sound business case is essential.
• A keen understanding of brand strategy, and how to implement.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must have a strong analytical skillset, ideally with experience in pricing strategy.
• Track record of working independently and managing projects
• Highly motivated, collaborative attitude; ability to collaborate across teams and cultures
• Excellent written, analytical, and strategic thinking skills; detail-oriented mindset
• Must be able to work in a fluid environment with changing responsibilities.
• B.A./B.S. in Business, Economics, Statistics, or related disciplines is preferred
• MBA or related is a plus
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo cares deeply about the safety of all candidates who may be asked to participate in an in-person interview. While the company remains operational, some of our positions are remote, while others require working on-site. Canoo is following the Covid-19 protocols set forth by local state and federal governance and the CDC guidelines. Candidates who are vaccinated will be asked to provide a copy of proof of vaccination upon arrival for the interview. Candidates who are not vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test that is no less than 48 hours old. We ask that you practice hand hygiene, social distance, and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation with our safety protocols while you explore your future with Canoo!