Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production in 2022 and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, innovate and are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
The Lead DevOps Engineer is responsible for the DevOps pipelines for our digital product
including the infotainment, cloud services, mobile and web applications. This role would be part
of the Digital Product Engineering team where the goal is to create an immersive experience for
our users. To meet this lofty goal, you will need to use your technical depth and hands-on
implementation experience to create an efficient, scalable solution for deploying and monitoring
our digital product.
• Share best practices and guide other engineers while implementing Infrastructure as
Code, using Serverless Framework, Lambda and Kubernetes amongst other tools
• Lead investigations and PoC of new tools and technologies
• Work with IT governance to implement and validate compliance to overall enterprise
policies and best practices
• Lead implementation of the CI/CD build pipelines and software delivery for the digital
• Create a monitoring solution that provides visibility into the overall health of the digital
• Work with the development & QA teams to identify & implement improvements to the
development, deployment & monitoring workflows.
• 5+ years of experience working in DevOps
• Strong programming and scripting knowledge, e.g. Node, Python, Bash
• Strong understanding of CI and experience with industry standard solutions, e.g. Jenkins
• Familiarity with software configuration management systems and source code version
control systems, e.g. git, bitbucket
• Good technical understanding of large-scale server and cloud infrastructures
• Experience with Cloud Native platforms including Serverless Framework, Lambda,
Hashicorp Vault, AWS CLI
• Experience with implementing serverless and containerized code best practices
• Strong understanding of AWS services offerings: EKS, EC2, ECS/Fargate, Lambda, RDS,
Elasticache, Cloudfront, IAM, WAF, S3, Glacier, IoT Core, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, KMS,
• Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems including bash scripting, IP network
technologies, package management and DNS
• Excellent knowledge of build-time dependency management, testing/code-coverage
tools, quality control and test automation
• Understanding of PCI-DSS, CCPA and GDPR compliance
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo cares deeply about the safety of all candidates who may be asked to participate in an in-person interview. While the company remains operational, some of our positions are remote, while others require working on-site. Canoo is following the Covid-19 protocols set forth by local state and federal governance and the CDC guidelines. Candidates who are vaccinated will be asked to provide a copy of proof of vaccination upon arrival for the interview. Candidates who are not vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test that is no less than 48 hours old. We ask that you practice hand hygiene, social distance, and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation with our safety protocols while you explore your future with Canoo!
inTulsa has partnered with Canoo and is managing the hiring process for this position. A representative from inTulsa will contact you on behalf of Canoo should your skills be a great match for the role. Thank you for your interest in Canoo!