Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at email@example.com
Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production in 2022 and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, innovate and are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
· Identify, source, and procure required data acquisition and sensors
· Maintain sensor library, sensor repair, coordinate calibration activities of all instrumentation
· Oversee and/or perform installation of sensors and data acquisition equipment
· Install instrumentation and data acquisition tools onto test vehicles/test articles, create custom fixtures as needed to install sensors and test equipment
· Perform testing according to test procedures while monitoring and logging test data
· Support testing activities and/or vehicle preparation, and perform post-test inspections and instrumentation teardowns at the conclusion of testing
· Support general vehicle testing activities such as Regulatory, Performance, Strength, Abuse, Durability and Reliability Tests
· Extensive knowledge of methods and techniques with data acquisition systems and instrumenting vehicles/test articles with accelerometers, pressure sensors, thermocouples, strain gauges, etc.
· Experience working with various Data Acquisition tools and Sensors such as; SoMat eDAQ, Siemens LMS, VBox, OxTs, accelerometers, microphones, thermocouples, pressure transducers, strain gauges, LVDT’s, string pots, WFT’s, etc.
· Knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with an understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle firmware
· Ability to operate diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment tools
· Ability to instrument vehicles/test articles with various Data Acquisition tools and Sensors
· Hands on ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and vehicle workshop tools in servicing automobiles
· Ability to work as a member of a small nimble team and work in a self-directed manner
· Must be able to manage changing priorities and balance workload
· Maintain a professional appearance of both self and workspace within a vehicle workshop
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo cares deeply about the safety of all candidates who may be asked to participate in an in-person interview. While the company remains operational, some of our positions are remote, while others require working on-site. Canoo is following the Covid-19 protocols set forth by local state and federal governance and the CDC guidelines. Candidates who are vaccinated will be asked to provide a copy of proof of vaccination upon arrival for the interview. Candidates who are not vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test that is no less than 48 hours old. We ask that you practice hand hygiene, social distance, and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation with our safety protocols while you explore your future with Canoo!