Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production in 2022 and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
Manages duties related to the administration of Payroll and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), from ensuring payroll is prepared and processed to managing the internal HR information services systems. Directs the work of others to ensure pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Oversees and maintains optimal function of our HRIS. Works closely with Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Audit, and Tax to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Directs the scheduling and processing operations of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls to ensure accurate calculations of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions.
• Manages off cycle payroll checks, ACH (Automated Clearing House network) payroll payments, taxes, quarter/year-end reporting and post payroll activities.
• Ensures payroll services processes are documented, compliant and governmental reporting is completed and prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Manages outsourced vendors for payroll and related services.
• Installs, implements, modifies, and upgrades software and applications to meet changing business and technology.
• Collaborates with leadership and HR staff to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing information services and databases; recommends and implements solutions.
• Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HR services users.
• Oversees programming of custom functions and documentation such as BI reporting, automated queries, filters, macros, and reports.
• Serves as lead representative and liaison between HR, Information Services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HR database design and implementation projects and ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related experience) and five (5) years of related Payroll and HRIS administration experience.
• Three years payroll processing experience for a multi-state company.
• High proficiency in HRIS database administration.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Excel proficiency.
• Ability to manage and react in a fast-paced, changing, and growing environment.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
• Exhibits high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and self-direction.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
• Dedicated work ethic with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter and year-end remittance deadlines
• UKG experience
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification
None to minimal
Physical Requirements for Non-Physical Positions
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.