Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
The Canoo team is looking to add a Systems Administrator. This role will support Microsoft technology infrastructure, specifically the Windows client/server infrastructure in place. The position will be part of a team responsible for all company server, desktop, network, hardware, and software support.
· Ensure system uptime and maintenance schedules are followed.
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a 'start-up' type environment
· Knowledge in network operations and application management.
· Check and maintain the proper function of on-site IT systems and equipment such as WiFi, printers, teleconferencing tools, and other company owned assets.
· Installs, configures, operates, and maintains hardware and software with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, GPOs, Active Directory, MSSQL Server, IIS.
· Participates in the design and review of new Windows systems and application deployments, supporting both workstation and servers.
· Coordinates, participates, and leads key process improvements for all the Windows environments throughout the organization.
· Performs files system and database configuration and management.
· Coordinates with network engineering, business application, and help desk functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet corporate objectives.
· Defines and performs system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
· Monitors and tests system performance, providing statistics and reports.
· Defines and implements strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments
· Manages and administers security software to ensure all end-point computing devices and servers are protected from web-based attacks, viruses, and other malicious software.
· Participates in weekend and/or evening support rotations
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or college, or a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
· 5+ years' experience installing, configuring, operating, and maintaining hardware and software with Windows Server, GPOs, Active Directory, MSSQL Server, IIS, WSUS and Exchange, and VMWare.
· Working knowledge of Hyper-V or VMware ESX/ESXi, including design and engineering, as well as administration.
· Proven knowledge of Microsoft’s M365 product suite.
· Ability to design, implement and test physical and virtual system disaster recovery solutions.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in pressure situations
· Excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to follow a structured methodology to solve problems.
· Excellent teamwork and organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Ability to proficiently present technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience with Rubrik backup solutions.
· General Network Administration.
· Meraki switching and wireless.
· Travel will be required on an as needed basis.
Physical Requirements for Non-Physical Positions
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use. (Confirm with hiring manager that lifting requirements are not greater for this role.)
Physical Requirements for Physical Positions
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to lift up to 25 or more pounds, stand, sit, bend/stoop, or operate office equipment or machinery. (Confirm with hiring manager that lifting requirements, standing, sitting, bending/stooping requirements are not greater for this role.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the followingcom information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at talentacquisitionteam@canoo.
Software Powered by iCIMS