Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
The Program Manager (BIW) is responsible to lead and oversee our automotive body engineering and operation projects from inception to successful completion. As the BIW Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the entire equipment development, implementation, launch and production of body structures. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, suppliers, and key stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
· Develop and execute comprehensive project plans, timelines, and budgets for BIW programs, considering the specific requirements of each project and aligning them with the overall organizational goals.
· Identify potential risks and challenges in the development process and proactively design mitigation strategies to ensure successful project delivery.
· Identify and collaborate with external suppliers, vendors, and partners to source components, materials, and technologies required for the BIW programs.
· Monitor supplier performance, manage relationships, and ensure adherence to quality standards and delivery schedules.
· Demonstrate a deep understanding of automotive body engineering principles, manufacturing processes, and materials selection relevant to BIW structures.
· Regularly track project progress, identify bottlenecks, and communicate updates to relevant stakeholders, including senior management and executives.
· Prepare comprehensive reports on project status, budget utilization, and performance metrics.
· Stay up to date of industry trends, new technologies, and advancements in automotive body engineering, and apply this knowledge to enhance project outcomes.
· Develop and maintain program documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering, or a related field
· At least 5+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry. 3+ years of which in a management role
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of BIW manufacturing processes and equipment, welding, and assembly flow.
· Ability to read and interpret system layouts, engineering drawings, and specifications.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word ,Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Willingness to travel as required up to 25% of the time
· 8+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry. 5+ years of which in a management role
· Proficiency in project management tools and software. (Oracle, Jira, MS Project)
· Self-starter mentality
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters