Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
As an BIW Launch Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, improving, and optimizing manufacturing processes related to the body structures. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient and high-quality BIW production.
· Design, develop, and implement manufacturing processes for the BIW components, including welding, assembly, and joining operations.
· Assess manufacturing facilities, equipment, and processes for readiness and scalability to achieve production targets.
· Collaborate with Quality Control teams to establish and maintain strict quality standards throughout the production process.
· Continuously analyze BIW manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and increased efficiency.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to identify automation opportunities and evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of proposed solutions.
· Lead and mentor a team of production personnel and technicians, fostering a culture of collaboration, creativity, and continuous improvement.
· Provide technical support to the production team to resolve any BIW-related issues that may arise during manufacturing, ensuring minimal downtime.
· Set clear performance goals for the team and provide regular feedback to ensure high levels of productivity and motivation.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Production, Engineering, Quality, and Maintenance, to align objectives and drive effective collaboration
· Create and maintain documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and process manuals.
· Prepare regular reports on welding process performance, improvements, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for management review.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in robotics, mechanical or manufacturing engineering, or a related field
· At least 8+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry. With at least 3+ years of experience in BIW manufacturing.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of BIW manufacturing processes and equipment and assembly flow.
· Understanding of safety regulations and requirements of automated manufacturing.
· Ability to read and interpret system layouts, engineering drawings, and specifications.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word ,Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Willingness to travel as required up to 25% of the time
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters