Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
In the BIW (Body-in-White) Sr Controls Engineer role you will be responsible for overseeing and leading the controls team (internal and external) within the Body-in-White (BIW) department of our organization. Your role will be critical in driving the automation and robotics strategies for BIW Production. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to study, develop, optimize and ensure the successful integration of robotics technology into the production systems.
· Develop a comprehensive roadmap for implementing controls and automation technologies within the BIW manufacturing processes.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to identify automation opportunities and evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of proposed solutions.
· Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with existing manufacturing processes and equipment
· Optimize the workflows to increase productivity, reduce cycle times, and enhance product quality while maintaining cost efficiency
· Ensure that all production systems meet the required controls quality standards and comply with safety regulations
· Develop and enforce safety standards and guidelines for the operation and maintenance of robotics equipment
· Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Production, Engineering, Quality, and Maintenance, to align objectives and drive effective collaboration
· Prepare regular reports on process performance, improvements, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for management review.
· 3+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry.
· 1+ years of experience directly dealing with BIW robotic processes and techniques.
· Self-starter mentality
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters